PASSION FOR TEACHING
WHO I AM
I’m Alicia, and I come from the beautiful city of Salamanca in Spain. However, my life took an exciting turn when I lived in the North of England for five years. In 2018, I decided to say goodbye to the cold and rainy UK and embraced the tropical paradise of the Canary Islands!
Education is my passion, I studied Pedagogy (Theory of Education.) But it was during my time in England that I discovered my true calling: teaching Spanish to adults. To further my expertise, I did a Master’s Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language and continuously attend conferences and courses to stay up-to-date as a teacher.
When I’m not busy being a teacher… I become a student: improving my own English skills, attending yoga classes or trying to figure out everything about building a digital business.
STUFF ONLY MY CLOSEST STUDENTS KNOW
· My favourite drink is a good Cola-Cao. It’s a Spanish version of Nesquik, but good ·
· My favourite word in English is Banana. I can’t stop laughing when I hear it ·
· I’m not a big fan of the camera: creating content for social media gives me a lot of stress and anxiety ·
· I love noir novels and TV series about serial killers ·
· I use crazy comparisons or metaphors to make the grammar easier to understand. It’s my superpower ·
· I’m not going to reveal my real age, but I’m not 18 like many of you think ·
· I’m part of that supposed 3% of the Spanish population that sleeps siesta ·
· When I was a little girl I wanted to be a butcher. #followyourdreams ·